Main symptomsThe main symptoms of corona virus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
What to do if you have symptomsIf you have any of the main symptoms of corona virus:
- Stay at home (self-isolate) – do not leave your home or have visitors. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also self-isolate.
- Get a test – get a test to check if you have corona virus as soon as possible. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, should also get a test if they have symptoms.
Urgent advice:Use the NHS 111 online corona virus service if:
- you’re worried about your symptoms
- you’re not sure what to do